Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place for all Assassin's Creed fans. Join and follow the Codex with us!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Entry 2 - Alandro Rubino

Go down 
AuthorMessage
✠ Lupo - The Prowler
Recruit
Recruit
✠ Lupo - The Prowler

Entry 2 - Alandro Rubino Empty
PostSubject: Entry 2 - Alandro Rubino   Entry 2 - Alandro Rubino Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:05 am

Vita di Il Lupo: Entry 2
1501; January 8th.
Contract: Alandro Rubino

From my spot I watched once more. My eyes among the crowd, scanning in darkness with my special vision. The people in black, save for my target, and my allies. It had been nearly three hours I waited on that roof top, in that bright, burning sunshine with not but a bit of water leaking from it's pouch that tied to a belt at my hip. I doubted there was any left. Not even a drop. My thirst begged me to fetch more, it pleaded, and scolded my dry tongue every moment longer that I obey my master, Cesare's orders. Though it was bright out, I could feel myself tire, the urge to drift to sleep and hope to miss nothing was stronger than the influence of god on Italia this day, like so many others that I struggled to keep my eyes open. So long I must wait, to strike down in the moment's first glance, and to still remain discreet in my work.

Before I knew, another hour had passed by, I could easily judge by the movement of the sun. It was taught in my training for when time was not so much easier to tell. A glimpse past my eye took note in yellow, bright as the sun itself when I looked up to see it glimmer and shine on things this vision would not allow me to see more correctly. It was another templar, my vision unveiled to me. Before I could do much else, there was a sudden sting on my arm, like the prick of a tiny thorn. With a swat, I crushed it's cause, but returned my vision to normal to observe the bloody corps of a crushed Asian tiger mosquito. The cursed little blood suckers who take flight in day and night. Curse it too my luck to be allergic, to swell so badly that burning the bite felt like a beautiful option rather than god's fury in a tiny bug to keep me suffering for weeks on end. I felt myself sigh then, and with no more interruption, my eyes again focused carefully on the crowd.

Finally, at the end of this fourth hour, there was a shine of blue whose trail was opposite of my fellow's. I pushed up to my feet, and moved to the very edge of the building. Below my boots was the attempt at a pigeon's nest, and below, a safe landing. Nor with jump, I leaned forward, and let my body fall, plunging to eminent doom for the untrained man. I allowed my body to fall with grace so many others would never possess, and landed safely in a cart of hay, no doubt to be transported to the barns later to feed the horses and goats. It was strange to me how no one ever seemed to look up at the cause of a man's shadow in mid air, but it was my assumption that people had given up trying to see it's source.

With haste, I brought myself in swift from the stack of hay, and moved briskly with the crowd toward my target. Quickly, I made my way toward him, and once I had reached him, I stray my blade from it's holder, and coated a thin layer of cream-like poison over the thinnest edge of my switchblade from a tiny vile given to me by my comradess Fiora, the courtesan. All it took was a tiny prick, and a tiny prick, was all I gave the armored man before passing him. His eyes widened as he saw me pass, and as a grin came to my face, he knew his fate. Frantically, this man was going to run for help, and I was going to follow.

When he bolted, I calmly circled around, following the crowd walking opposite until I had come back to the street he'd run. Like a cat, I stayed calmly on my prey until his rout had come to a dead end. He turned, and I smiled. The man dropped to his knees before me and drew his hands up together as if to beg before he actually did. "Please! Please! The antidote!" He pleaded. "My wife and kids! They need me!" I heard nothing but excuses. It was a fact that this man was alone. "You are charged with aiding the Assassini through Machiavelli. Your punishment is death, Alandro Rubino." My words could not have ended at a more proper time, as the man gripped his throat, and fell to the side as he choked and gagged. I waited patiently until the body did not even expel a breath by visual sight, then I approached.

In cold heart, I crouched beside the body, and drew open the chest plate on the dead's armor. There, I found a thin wooden box, and from there, I withdrew it, and no moment's notice was to be had as I yanked a key from his neck, and placed it into the hole. With a twist, the top of the box came open, and inside was the codex break that the assassini had tried so hard to obtain from us. From Cesare.

With a click, as I stood, I closed the box, and tucked it safe-knit under my vest. I would inform the guard of the bodies whereabouts when I next saw a guard, and return the box to Cesare when I arrive.

Back to top Go down
http://theprowler-sharps.tumblr.com/

Entry 2 - Alandro Rubino
Page 1 of 1